DxO ONE Review
DxO ONE Review
This mighty little camera may be overkill for the casual iPhone photographer. However if you are serious about your digital photography, the DxO One is a must-have. It comes equipped with a larger sensor and brighter lens allowing it to capture 11x more light than your standard iPhone camera. In a nutshell this is designed to be an add-on accessory for iPhone running iOS 8 or above, but does so much more. Read on for the full DxO ONE Review.
- A whopping 20.2 megapixel BSI CMOS sensor (much larger than the one inside the iPhone). Arguably it would be the same as a DSLR camera sensor in size.
- An amazing super compact body so it can slip into your pocket and you wouldn’t know it.
- Connect seamlessly with an iPhone that has a lightning port.
- Rear facing OLED display with touch enabled components that allow you to get easy readout of your battery life and settings.
DxO what camera brand is this?
You may know the bigger names and cameras, such as Sony, Nikon, and Canon. However outside of professional photography circles chances are good you’ve not heard of DxO. The company which produces this camera is DxOMARK. Their start was in being a photographer’s test and review website. And they are well-known for the lab grade benchmarking tools for cameras, and high-end image enhancement software. The DxO one is their first venture into the hardware market. Given their rich history of camera reviews, and image enhancement software, it’s no wonder why the first camera is a success.
Pros and cons of the Dxo One:
When doing our DxO ONE Review, we noticed some things about the camera. First, we really loved that it shoots in superRAW! If you’re not familiar with that uses multiple shots to reduce noise and provide some degree of stabilization. That contributed with the large lens for light, allowed for great lowlight resolution images, killer portraits and fantastic landscapes. We did notice that at times, while quick its autofocus is slow compared to a dedicated compact camera. A lot of people enjoy the iPhone’s camera for itself Selfies taking abilities, the Dxo ONE can we rotate around and take amazing Selfies too.
One other Con we did notice is the shorter battery life. This is a fact of miniaturization of camera equipment. However the Dxo One does come with a USB port and you can charge that as you charge your phone off a portable battery. Additionally we tested the camera and a night of heavy shooting and did only get down to 35% one time… so not a huge loss of power. Speaking of the USB port, there is the fast lightning connection with the iPhone, which provides the lag free preview and transfer of image files.
DxO ONE Review Summary:
If you are an iPhone photographer and you’re looking to produce better images, the DxO ONE hands down is a winner! It can be compared to the Olympus AIR A01. However it excels above the Olympus AIR A01 as It captures excellent pictures in low light and in night photography. It comes with a very fast f/1.8 lens, and capture long exposures. Additionally the ability to shoot in RAW and superRAW is an outstanding addition. You can slip in your pocket and when you need the extra resolution take it out you are ready to go.
This is a fantastic accessory for the professional iPhone photographer, and we highly recommend it!
Thank you for reading we hope you found the DxO ONE Review useful.
- Direct connection to iPhone or iPad via high-speed Lightning connector - large viewfinder, touch control and instant sharing
- 20.2MP 1" CMOS-BSI sensor and f/1.8 prime lens (32 mm equiv) - capture details even in extreme low light and take gorgeous portraits with soft bokeh
- DxO ONE 20.2MP Digital Connected Camera for iPhone and iPad
- microSDXC UHS-I 633X 128GB High-Performance Memory Card w/ USB 3.0 reader 95MB/s
- 3pc. Lens Cleaning Kit
- 2600mAh Portable Power Bank for Tablets & Smartphones - Metal Black